About Landstar Development
Landstar Development, LLC – Established 1999
Since 1999, Landstar Development has successfully developed an extensive variety of commercial properties throughout Montana and the western United States. Landstar Development was established by Matt Waatti, and he has been applying the design/build concept to their develop projects since its beginning. Mark Waatti joined Landstar Development shortly after his graduation from Montana State University in 2003. Matt’s and Mark’s experience and expertise combine to create unique and successful company that excels in commercial real estate, commercial development, site design, building design, and building construction.
The following pages contain resumes for Matt and Mark, and give an overview of previous design/build projects that Landstar Development has successfully developed.
MATTHEW J. WAATTI
PARTNER/OWNER AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Guided and managed the creation and growth of Landstar Development a company formed in 1999 to acquire, build, and develop properties.
- Expanded company projects to include retail strip centers, office buildings, apartment & condominium complexes, medical facilities, hotels, single family residences, and industrial facilities. Established a competent design-build team to take a project from concept to completion.
- Complete services now include land acquisition, project analysis, property development, leasing, and property management for commercial, retail, industrial, residential, and professional office facilities.
- Over 30 years experience in construction, development, sales, advertising, and marketing. Professional Affiliations
Licensed Real Estate Agent—State of Montana
- Certified property manager — Montana State Board of Realty Regulation
- Member — International Council of Shopping Centers
- Senior Vice President—Grubb & Ellis Montana Commercial, LLC.
MARK D. WAATTI, PE, SE
PARTNER/OWNER AND PROJECT MANAGER
- Developed and managed the construction of various single-family, multi-family, and commercial projects.
- Involved with planning, designing, developing, and constructing rehabilitation projects, and new construction projects.
- Since graduating from college, has been involved in the building industry for over 9 years, and has been a business owner for over 4 years.
- Over 9 years experience in design, construction, and development Education/Licenses
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Montana State University – 2003
- Licensed Structural Engineer
- 5 Acre, 4 Building, 64 Unit Condominium Complex
- 500 ft. of shoreline on beautiful Flathead Lake
- Units ranging from $500,000—$1.2 million
- Three-fourths of the way through this project
- 60 Acre Community Project
- Across from proposed Super Walmart
- Nested below 150 acre residential project
- Community Aquatic Center is heart of project
- Mixed-Use, quaint, village design
- Consists of Office, Medical, Hospitality, Retail, and Residential Apartments
- 15 Acre Retail Development
- 27,000SF Stand-Alone with Retail and Office Spaces
- Working with Pamida as anchor retailer
Cherry Creek Landing
- 10,000SF Retail Center
- Anchored by Movie Gallery
Ashley Furniture / Sleep City
- 40,000SF Retail Facility
- 4 Building, 54 unit Residential Condominium Project
- Currently being built
- 4,500SF Retail Strip
- Anchored by Universal Athletic Service
400 W. Broadway
- Retail Spaces—first floor
- 3 Residential Condominiums—second floor